For the first installment of “A Week @ Rant” we thought we might introduce you all to some of the creative excercises that we run with our crew. Not a week goes buy without someone creating something new that makes us step back with pride and say WOW!!!. The guys are so passionate about their crafts and creativity it is hard to not become engaged and to rejoice in the satisfaction of creating (or facilitating) something new.
- Josh and Chrissy have been busy designing some ceramic mosaics utilising iconography to represent the things that they feel are meaningful in their lives. Josh in particular has really taken to expressing his indigenous heritage through design and art and he looks forward to completing the work so he can show you all.
- Zac got creative in the workshop as he and Anthony upcycles a discarded pallette into a new Xbox shelf (to be continnued).
- Courtney made some amazing abstract coasters by taking some photogrpahs (with Rachael) using milk, food colouring, and oil. The photos were then transfered using a sublimation process and the results have to be seen in person to be truly appreciaited. Keep an eye out for her work as she is starting to sell and will sell out quick.
- Katie has also been busy making wonderful heat molded plastic art. She is starting on making some with a Pokemon theme so we bet they will be popular too.
- Jono and Anthony have gotten creative building little geocaches to hide around the region.
All in all, a busy yet typical week at Rant.
Yesterday was fun and it was great to meet lots of awesome people. “The Unseen Machine” was very popular and people really loved the experience.
We really enjoyed meeting lots of fun and interesting people especially the kids transitioning from school. The Rant crew hope to work with some of them next year.
A big thank you to Karina and Co as well as everyone that worked so hard to make yesterday such a success!
Zac and Anthony solve the issue of dirty dishes:
Chrissy and Anthony have been very busy working on the wheelchair mounted game controller.
Check out the latest update on Chrissy’s blog
They say that when a chef gets home from work all they want to make for dinner is a grilled cheese toasty. I get that, grilled cheese toasties are awesome.
Part of our work at Rant is to help others with their blogging and online social activity, so when we get home from work we make grilled cheese toasties instead of blogging. Mmmmm grilled cheese.
uh… ok then, check out some of the stuff we have been doing:
Chrissy Corn Chip
Raise money, buy parts, build computer, design controllers, implement head and voice control systems, and ultimately create a whole new world of exploration for an amazing person who has not been able to fully experience gaming and the internet due to limited fine motor skills.
Zac is an amazing person who I’ve been fortunate to work with for the last few months. If you live near me then you have probably seen or met Zac, and if you haven’t then be sure to check out his blog and band TraLaLaBlip.
The Unseen Machine
Rachael and I built the Unseen Machine a few months back and have been moving it from galleries to workshops around the Northern Rivers.
We’ve been such slackers with this blog…. but that’s not because we haven’t been busy. We have been beyond busy.
Here’s a couple of sneak peaks into some of the projects we have been working on:
Initiative to develop cheap gaming controllers for people with limited fine motor skills (a Collaboration with Chrissy):
Chrissy Corn Chip
The Unseen machine has been doing the rounds and Zac has been killing it in his studio sessions:
Zac and the Unseen Machine
We’ve also been developing some new photography and art programs in preparation for launch early next year (if we survive this one).
So stay tuned, drop us a line, and get busy being creative.🙂