For the first installment of “A Week @ Rant” we thought we might introduce you all to some of the creative excercises that we run with our crew. Not a week goes buy without someone creating something new that makes us step back with pride and say WOW!!!. The guys are so passionate about their crafts and creativity it is hard to not become engaged and to rejoice in the satisfaction of creating (or facilitating) something new.
- Josh and Chrissy have been busy designing some ceramic mosaics utilising iconography to represent the things that they feel are meaningful in their lives. Josh in particular has really taken to expressing his indigenous heritage through design and art and he looks forward to completing the work so he can show you all.
- Zac got creative in the workshop as he and Anthony upcycles a discarded pallette into a new Xbox shelf (to be continnued).
- Courtney made some amazing abstract coasters by taking some photogrpahs (with Rachael) using milk, food colouring, and oil. The photos were then transfered using a sublimation process and the results have to be seen in person to be truly appreciaited. Keep an eye out for her work as she is starting to sell and will sell out quick.
- Katie has also been busy making wonderful heat molded plastic art. She is starting on making some with a Pokemon theme so we bet they will be popular too.
- Jono and Anthony have gotten creative building little geocaches to hide around the region.
All in all, a busy yet typical week at Rant.